Natural Hair - Straightening Without Causing Damage
I confess that since I cut my hair in 2016 I haven't done anything but the occasional deep conditioning (put a mask in my hair and leave it for 30min under hot cap ) to keep it from drying up and breaking under my wig. As I mentioned on this post: https://www.elizebonheur.com/blog/straight-or-kinky-this-is-why-i-rarely-wear-out-my-natural-hair
The best way to grow my hair is to manipulate it the less possible. Which means no box braids, senegalese twists, crochet braids , no weaves, or anything that pulls at my hair for a long period of time.
My hair has grown a lot since 2016, but with the shrinkage it's a little hard to tell, so I decided to have it straightened professionally. I went to a salon that I follow on instagram called Khalyseehair, because I've seen photos of their treatments and found the final result beautiful. I was not disappointed, the girls that work there are very friendly and professional, the one that took care of my hair, Patricia, explained the whole process to me so that I could understand what was going on.
She took the following steps:
- Washed my hair with a shampoo - the shampoo opens up the cuticles to help the treatment penetrate your hair.
- Put the Botox/ Keratin mask on my hair - This mask fills any broken or thin areas to make your hair appear fuller and lustrous.
- Wrapped plastic around my hair, to protect it from the heat.
- Then I went under the hair dryer for 30 min.
- After the dryer she put a spray on my hair to protect it from the heat.
- She blowdried my hair and then straightened it with a flat iron.
The final result was beautiful, my hair was smooth and silky.
But nowadays I prefer seeing my natural hair in an afro than all sleek, so next day I was already braiding it to get my afro back. I liked the treatment because it gave my hair a shiny healthy look. I will do it once a month till the end of this year to see the evolution.
The brand that was used on my hair is called Organic Gold.
#naturalhair #straighteningnaturalhair #afro #kinkyhair #naturalhaircare